High Quality Veterinary Dental Care
Camrose Veterinary Hospital offers veterinary dentistry services for dogs, cats, and horses. Keeping your pet’s teeth clean is an important aspect of their overall wellness. Serious and costly health problems can result from inadequate dental care, and catching oral issues early ensures the best possible outcome for your pet. Your pet’s wellness visit will include a dental evaluation, and we will look for the common signs of dental disease including:
- Tartar buildup
- Gum health
- Loose teeth
Dog & Cat Dental Services
If a professional pet dental cleaning is recommended, our skilled veterinary staff will perform this one-day service. We strive to make your pet’s dental treatment as comfortable and stress free as possible. We use the latest anesthesia techniques to reduce discomfort and anesthetic risk. You can expect the following at your pet’s dental cleaning visit:
- Treatment plan—We will develop and discuss your pet’s dental treatment options before any service is performed.
- Focus on safety—Your pet’s safety is very important to us. We will administer an exam and pre-anesthesia blood work before beginning the dental treatment.
- Latest technology—A digital X-ray is taken prior to the dental treatment to diagnose problem areas below the gum line.
- Pain management and anesthesia—We use the latest in anesthesia techniques to maximize the comfort of your pet and achieve a thorough cleaning.
- Skilled and experienced veterinary staff—Our experienced veterinary staff will perform the dental cleaning and monitor your pet during the procedure and recovery. We will notify you when your pet is ready to be discharged and carefully discuss any additional care instructions.
Equine Dentistry Services
Camrose Veterinary Hospital provides equine services including veterinary dentistry. Our skilled veterinarians provide equine teeth floating procedures. Equine teeth grow continuously, and the natural grinding motion of chewing can cause uneven wear of your horse’s teeth. A trained veterinarian can correct this. We have the experience to perform both hand and power floating, which is determined on a case-by-case basis. We take extreme care to minimize any jarring or discomfort to your horse during the procedure, and this service can be performed during the regular wellness visit.
Please contact us to schedule an appointment or discuss any questions or concerns you have regarding our pet dental procedures. We look forward to partnering with you on your pet’s oral health.